- M.S., Math, U of Virginia
- B.A., Math, UNC-Chapel Hill
- 30 credit hours toward M. A. in Linguistics, U of Texas
- 10+ years tutoring: college and high school students
- 8 years classroom teaching: high school, community college, and university levels
- parent: gifted child, child with learning disabilities
- 2+ years homeschooling child with learning disabilities: our progress in math was nine times as fast as her progress in a good public school!
- 2+ years working in a remote area of Africa
My Special Interests
- math manipulatives (e.g. Algebra Tiles, Math-U-See, virtual manipulatives)
- math as language
- brain-friendly learning and teaching methods
- learning disabilities
Whether you are ...
a college student stuck in remedial math classes,
a high school student in accelerated classes,
a homeschooling parent or the parent of a kid in an international school,
an adult working toward your GED ...
whatever your age and stage,
I am eager to work with you or your child!
Get in Touch!
Email me: Alie at AlieBensonTutoring dot com
Get in touch and see if I can help you with your learning goals! I'd also love to have feedback about my site's content or suggestions of other resources and sites you've found helpful.